Wednesday 3 December 2014

Blabbing about: Papermoon (1973)




Hello!


So... I can't really remember when I first

knew about this film, but I fell in love with,
well, pretty obviously, the title.
And the wonderful poster.

I don't know why but I LOVE the

whole..what's it called? concept of "Paper Moon's".
I think its one of the most romantic things ever.
Yes, I do love the song "It's only a papermoon" to bits as well.
And, I love those floating moon things you sit on.
(Ugh.. I want to sit on one of those..My dream.)

So... I was always interested in this film and

finally had the opportunity to watch it! yay.
So here goes my very boring, extremely short review...

Warning: May contain spoilers!



Paper Moon 1973

Drama

So, The first thing I will have to say is

that I really enjoyed this film!
But...I actually don't know what to say about
this film to be honest...(as always).

I loved the characters, the relationships,

The beautiful black and white cinematography
the music...everything had a very nostalgic atmosphere.

I do think that one of the (or maybe the most)

important thing in a film is the atmosphere.
Like, every film has a whole different world
of it's own, right?
(But I dislike it when well, mostly recent films
try hard to make it have a atmosphere..
I shouldn't be made, it should be natural.)


I thought the performances of the two were

amazing and Addie was adorable.
I actually like the fact she smokes, to be honest.
(lol, this is not right isn't it)
It kind of shows us the times and the realities.
I think it's kind of romantic.
Addie Smoking, as usual.












And another small thing I love was the opening credits.

UGH, so perfect.

Overall, I really enjoyed this film and the best thing

about it was of course, the relationship between Addie and Moses.
It was just amazing,this whole film made me really happy.
It did make me laugh, feel sad, and smile.
It was a nice, cheerful, funny, nostalgic drama film
that shows you how beautiful human relationships can be.
This film will never get boring, and will
always end up putting a smile on my face.
Will definitely watch again!



Favorite Scene:
Just about every scene where Addie and
Moses is talking to each other.



"You still owe me two hundred dollars."


No comments:

Post a Comment