Wednesday 5 November 2014

Blabbing about: Dawn of the dead (1978)




(This film has so many awesome poster designs!)

Hello!

So... I watched "Night of the living dead"
a while ago (The review was my first post on this blog)
and really enjoyed it and loved it and was always
interested in the next film from the "Living dead" trilogy
(or series? I'm actually not too sure.) 

But..The film just seemed too gory for my tastes

and I felt like I should watch it when I am more
confident...haha, because I am EXTREMELY
bad with blood/gore (as I have said in the previous post)
I do LOVE horror films, but I have completely no
interest in gory, (or should I say "gorror?") bloody,
splatter films. I mainly love psychological horror films.

So..."Dawn of the dead" was always in my..

what is it called, like a "Watch sometime later on"
list..BUT.....

I have no idea why but I really felt like I wanted to
watch like a action/horror film and I thought that
"Dawn of the dead" was the one.
So I HAD to watch it.
I didn't mind about the gore, and just thought that..
I will just, you know, cope and if it's too bad just give up haha.

OK, so let's go onto the review shall we!


Warning: May contain spoilers!




Dawn of the dead (1978)
Action/Horror

I feel like I say this every time but I thought
this film was absolutely AMAZING!
It was so much more then I expected.
I have so much things to say about this film since
I love it so much!

OK, but I don't want to be blabbing about
random sh!t for too long so I will just say the
important bits that I want to comment on
one by one.

I think the first thing I want to say is this film
was such a perfect blend of comedy
(Or should I say comic?) and horror.
I did have a couple of good laughs, and the 
amazing special effects and the make up, the music, 
the plot, the cast... even the color of blood was PERFECT.
(The music was really great! like, the ending
was amazing! haha)

Another thing I loved about this film was,
yes, the characters!

When I usually think of modern zombies films,
I image the female lead to be some kind of a
extremely-sexy-tanned-strong young woman
that is wearing a bikini or some sort of clothing
that shows a lot of skin.
(Here goes my random imagination lol)
And I do not like that.

Anyway, I loved how there was only 4 main
characters. I loved them all!
I just REALLY loved the heroine- Francine.
She was very strong, in a quiet and gentle way.



Compare her fashion with the heroines in
Zombie movies now days haha.
Ugh, I love her so much.
But, my favorite character is Peter, of course.
He was awesome as hell.
(And Roger..WHY DID YOU DIEEEE ahhhhh....)

Sexy Peter.













OK...maybe I should talk about the zombies now..
I thought that they were really awesome!
By watching this I thought that..zombies don't have to have
their eyeballs poking out or their guts falling off,
and all of those things are completely unnecessary.
(Well.. I thought this when watching "Night of the living dead"
too but) Are people trying to make things TOO gory
these days? I think that this film has nothing that
is unnecessary and is flawless.

And... for the gore... It was actually
completely fine for me, which was unexpected lol.
Yes..some stupid people might say it's campy and
tame in today's standards.. but fu#k you.
(there, I said it haha)
I hate it so much when people say that.
Nothing has to be realistic, it's only a film after all.

Overall, I REALLY enjoyed this film
and loved it so much! I would definitely watch it
again but I'm pretty sure that I will not
watch any other films of this genre(Zombies,action)
Because I think this film is too perfect, and I
personally think it doesn't get any better then this.
(Well, for me. I think I wouldn't enjoy any other
zombie films as much as this.)

To be honest, I don't have any interest in zombie movies.
I have never had. I don't really get the point!
But... I LOVE "Night of the living dead" and
"Dawn of the dead". So there's that! haha.


Oh yeah,
I found this photo of a video tape jacket
when it was released in Japan but...

















How freaking scary as that?!
(Especially the"back"..)
This VHS jacket is more terrifying then
the movie itself (Maybe)
And...I kinda think the international title,
"Zombie" is weird..
I like "Dawn of the dead" better.

Favorite scene:
I loved everything, but maybe the fun parts
when the characters are going around the
mall getting free stuff.
Ugh.. that will be so cool if I can do that..
But zombies.. how about no.


"Jesus, it's everywhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment